Welcome

• Public

Bring conversations to life. Share tips and advice with fellow members and guests.

Champaign Tasting Results

The winner: Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blanc 2002 The results of the champagne tastings were #1 Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blanc 2002 $135; #2 Pol Gardere Brut $32 and #3 Delamotte Blanc De Blanc 2002 $95. #4 Ruinart Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blanc 2002 (France) $135 This is the top line from Ruinart, a long time Champagne maker. This is a chardonnay only Champagne. This was probably my all time favorite and we have been doing the blind tastings for ten years now. Obviously the price tag makes this a special occasion champagne. Wine Spectator had rated it '96'.The less expensive Ruinart Brut Blanc de Blanc $65 may be as good - we shall see. #8 Pol Gardere Brut (France) $32. This was a last minute addition. Mel and I were champagne tasting at "Bubbles" in Morgan Hill and we tried this little gem. One magazine placed Pol Gardere as one of the top 10 bargain sparkling wines. This was one of the favorites of the group. My own personal notes was it was semi-smooth with a nice taste that would be workable if the price was right - which it is. #1 Delamotte Blanc de Blanc (France) $95 - this is a chardonnay only champagne, it is the second labeling of the winery, the first one is Salon, only produced on exceptional years and usually runs $300; For those of you who are interested in the order of the tasting, here goes: #1 Delamotte Blanc de Blanc (France) $95 #2 Cordoniu Napa Grand Reserve Brut (USA) $42 #3 Ferghettina Franciacorte Milledi (Italy) 2009 $60 #5 Ayala Champagne Majeur Brut (France) $50. #6 J.M. Seleque Brut (France) $35 #7 G.M Mumm Cuvee R. Lalou 1999 (France) $349 #8 Pol Gardere Brut (France) $32 #9 Heidsieck & Co. Monopole Brut Blue Top (France) $35. #10 Pol Roger Brut Reserve Reserve (White Top) (France) $60 So that was the rundown.

Jump In

• Comment
Post comment

This site contains user submitted content, advice and comments which are for informational purposes only. Women's Suite disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Women's Suite Communities Terms of Use.

WIPLabsTallUSB
    J-Fein-Short