Welcome

• Public

Bring conversations to life. Share tips and advice with fellow members and guests.

Bass Guitar

Bass Instrument Day: CAROL KAYE - 1960’s - This now 83-year old prolific bass and guitar player has played on over 10,000 sessions and over 200 hits, but too few people know who she is. For starters, she played on "I Get Around," " Sloop John B.", California Girls," "Wouldn't It Be Nice," and other Beach Boys classics; Kaye played the opening chords to "Wichita Lineman," and on "Galveston," by Glen Campbell; she played the bass riff on Sonny and Cher's "The Beat Goes on,"; on Love's "The Daily Planet,", " River Deep, Mountain High," by Ike & Tina Turner; The great bass line from "These Boots are Made For Walkin'," by Nancy Sinatra, "Scarborough Fair/Canticle," and "Homeward Bound," by Simon & Garfunkel "The Way We Were," by Barbra Streisand; "Feelin' Alright," by Joe Cocker; "I Was Made to Love Her,"by Stevie Wonder; a passel of Supremes songs including "Love Child,' "You Can't Hurry Love," "Stop in the Name of Love," and "Baby Love." She played on nearly all Phil Spector's hits until 1969 including "Be My Baby," by the Ronettes; " Soul and Inspiration," "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' " and "Unchained Melody," by the Righteous Brothers. "Midnight Confessions," by the Grass Roots and "I'm A Believer," by the Monkees. She also played acoustic rhythm guitar on Richie Valens "La Bamba," from 1958. And this is only scratching the surface of Kaye's vast contribution to the pop music world. Her album credits are also deep... "Whatever your preferred instrument or genre, Carl Kaye is part of your history. You've heard her playing your favorite classic songs, on the radio, on television, even on your parents' records. Her style and influence are in your musical DNA through the countess albums, hit singles, television theme songs, and movie soundtracks that feature her iconic guitar and bass lines." Alison Richtor, the First lady: Carol Kaye. Carol Kaye is awesome in the truest sense of the word.

Jump In

• Comment
Post comment

This site contains user submitted content, advice and comments which are for informational purposes only. Women's Suite disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Women's Suite Communities Terms of Use.

WIPLabsTallUSB
    Facebook
    Instagram
    J-Fein-Short
    created at TagCrowd.com