Morgan Rees's status

• By Morgan Rees 1227 days ago
    Beatles Factoids: “Strawberry Fields Forever” is not the only Beatles song named for a real place—the Lennons's first family home in Liverpool stood near Penny Lane—but it might be the only one to have a place named after it: Strawberry Fields is now a memorial section of New York’s Central Park.
    “To be, or not to be, that is the question” by William Shakespeare I don’t make this stuff up: In England COVID-19 vaccinations have started, their second patient’s name is William Shakespeare. (Only 30 miles from the original William Shakespeare) Their first patient is named Margaret Keenan and is vaccine patient “1A” would that make . . . Shakespeare 2B or not 2B?
    Beatles Factoids: Penny Lane, in Liverpool, experienced constant disappearances of its street sign ever since the 1967 hit of the same name.  Tired of picking up the bill, Liverpool City Council took to painting the street sign on a nearby building instead.
  • By Morgan Rees 1228 days ago
    Music Publishing Factoids: Writing Music as a Job - Last week, Stevie Nicks sold her catalog for $100 million and Bob Dylan sold his catalog of 600 songs written over 60 years for $300 million.
  • By Morgan Rees 1228 days ago
    Beatles Factoids: If you're a fan of The Beatles’ Something, and Eric Clapton’s Wonderful Tonight and Layla, you can thank a woman named Pattie Boyd. The British model inspired husband George Harrison to pen his 1969 hit single before she caught the eye of Eric Clapton. The two men once staged a guitar-playing duel to win her affection!
  • By Morgan Rees 1229 days ago
    The Beatles Factoids: The Beatles had two left-handed members: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.
  • By Morgan Rees 1230 days ago
     David Bowie’s mega-hit Fame was written by John Lennon and David Bowie. * David Bowie – lead vocals, fuzz lead guitar * John Lennon – backing vocals, acoustic guitar, tape loops
  • By Morgan Rees 1235 days ago
    The Beatles Factoids: The original 1967 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band LP has a back cover filled with every word from every song on the album – the first time a rock album had ever done this. Also attached is a list of Who’s Who on the album cover.
  • By Morgan Rees 1236 days ago
    Martin McFly (Michael J. Fox - Back to the Future) traveled in the Delorean back in time to the first McDonald’s in San Bernardino, California. 1940
    “I have never learned anything from hearing myself talk” ⁃ Robert Mitchum (Told by George Clooney)
    “I never learned anything from hearing myself talk” - Robert Mitchum (Told by George Clooney)
  • By Morgan Rees 1238 days ago
    Jimi Hendrix got the “Are You Experienced” album cover idea from the Hollies Evolution cover (Fisheye lens effect), created by photographer Karl Ferris. Jimi Hendrix’s Are You Experienced — released 53 years ago (on May 12, 1967)
  • By Morgan Rees 1240 days ago
    THANKSGIVING - GIVING THANKS As we celebrate Thanksgiving this year, I will be thinking of each of you and how you have made such a positive impact in my life and the lives of one another. I'll be reminded of the saying "unprecedented challenges bring unprecedented opportunities," and thankful that we have each other. 
  • By Morgan Rees 1241 days ago
    Taylor Swift's 'Folklore' Becomes First Million-Selling Album of 2020 in U.S. Her last album, 'Lover,' was the only album to sell a million in the U.S. in 2019.
  • By Morgan Rees 1241 days ago
    "Burning Down the House" is a song by new wave band Talking Heads, released in July 1983 as the first single from their fifth studio album Speaking in Tongues Artist: Talking Heads Album: Speaking in Tongues Released: 1983 Nominations: MTV Video Music Award for Best Visual Effects, Grammy Award for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal Songwriter(s): David Byrne; Chris Frantz; Jerry Harrison; Tina Weymouth https://youtu.be/_3eC35LoF4U